1-2 November 2018- ISTAC Leading Arbitrators’ Lecture: “Presentation of Evidence in International Arbitration – Witnesses and Expert Witnesses”
Kayıtlarımız kapanmıştır. İlginiz için teşekkür ederiz.
Registration for the ISTAC Leading Arbitrators’ Lecture: “Presentation of Evidence in International Arbitration – Witnesses and Expert Witnesses” is now open.
This one-day lecture is intended to be practical and involve the audience in a lively exchange of views. Paolo Michele PATOCCHI and Paolo MARZOLINI would have a brief initial presentation on the topic, followed by a discussion with the participants. The discussion should focus on practical cases or examples handed out a week before the event.
- Paolo Michele PATOCCHI is one of the founding partners of Patocchi & Marzolini, a law firm specialising in international arbitration and litigation. Prior to 2014, Michele has led the arbitration practice group of a national Swiss law firm (1997-2013). He has also worked in a major US law firm in London (1989-1991) and another leading Swiss law firm in Zurich (1992-1994). Michele acts as counsel and sits as an arbitrator under various arbitration rules or in ICSID arbitration, in cases conducted in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish. Michele has been involved in more than 220 arbitrations to datechiefly relating to joint ventures and R&D agreements, construction (combined-cycle power stations, roads, etc), turnkey contracts, licensing (especially in the pharmaceutical and the fashion industries), disputes involving States (State contracts, privatisation and expropriation), price reviews in long-term GSAs, banking and finance disputes, sports and sponsoring disputes. Aside from Swiss law and international law, Michele has had practical experience in a number of other systems of law, including those of Albania, Algeria, Austria, Belgium, China, Egypt, England and Wales, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Italy, Jordan, Kuwait, Latvia, the Netherlands, Palestine, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey, the UAE, the US and Venezuela. Michele has been teaching international arbitration since 2013 at the İ. D. Bilkent University. Michele has published extensively on international arbitration and litigation. Michele has been listed amongst the Arbitration Thought Leaders by Who’s Who Legal (Ed. 2017 and 2018) and amongst “Most In Demand Arbitrators” and “Arbitration Counsel” by Chambers and Partners (since 2016).
- Paolo MARZOLINI is the other founding partner of Patocchi & Marzolini, the law firm established with Paolo Michele Patocchi on 1 January 2014. Paolo is acting as counsel representing clients and he is sitting as arbitrator in Switzerland and a number of other jurisdictions under various sets of arbitration rules (including, but not limited to, the ICC Rules, Swiss Rules, UNCITRAL Rules, WIPO Rules and Milan Chamber of Arbitration Rules). Paolo has had practical experience in a number of systems of law such as Italian, Swiss, French, English, Spanish, the US, German, Dutch, Bahamian, Libyan, Iranian, Qatari, Egyptian, Chinese, South Korean and Japanese. Paolo has been involved in several major international arbitrations and his field of expertise includes construction disputes (including project financing disputes), IP disputes, turnkey contracts, consultancy agreements, joint venture agreements, agency, licensing in the pharma industry, State contracts, contracts in the aviation industry, M&A and post-M&A disputes, gas price review disputes, banking and finance disputes, sport and sponsoring disputes, commodities disputes. Paolo has published extensively on international arbitration and is very often called as lecturer in seminars dealing with arbitration-related matters. Paolo has been listed amongst the Arbitration Future Leaders by Who’s Who Legal (Ed. 2017, 2018 and 2019). He has also been ranked by ExpertGuides in the Guide to the World’s Leading Experts in Commercial Arbitration (Ed. 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018) and amongst “Arbitration Counsel” by Chambers and Partners (since 2016).
Date & Time:
1 November 2018, in ISTANBUL, 14:00-18:30
2 November 2018, in ANKARA, 14:00-18:30
Istanbul: Workinton Levent 199
Ankara: Ankara Wyndham
- TRY 450 / participant (VAT included)
- Young ISTAC members: TRY 350 / participant (VAT included)
Registration and payment must be made online by filling the above form.
Complimentary seat for in-house counsel / government counsel is available. Please contact ISTAC at email@example.com
Terms & Conditions:
- Attendance is limited due to the capacity of the venue. All applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- All notices of cancellations or replacements must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be acknowledged by ISTAC.
- Full payment will be imposed if cancellation is made within 2 days of the event date. This also applies to any “no-shows” on the day of event.
- Please kindly note that this conference will be held in English and no simultaneous translation will be provided.